Hello everyone! ♥ ♥ ♥
After some years of struggling with my hair problems I wanted to share my tips and tricks in order to help other persons as well. I have a very thin hair and lately it has started falling a lot so I bought the Vichy Dercos Neogenic treatment and I can see the results. I will write a review about it soon. Until then here are my tips and tricks :
1. CONDITIONER – only apply conditioner on the bottom half of your hair (espcially on the ends because they are the most dry and damaged). Appling contidioner on the roots and scalp can actually clog your follicles, and slow hair growth and increase oil production.
2. TRIM YOUR SPLIT ENDS – I know it is a hard thing to do especially when you are trying to grow your hair long but using different masks and treatments won`t solve the problem (these are only short-term solutions). If you don`t trim your split ends in time it is likely to split further and you will need to cut more,
3. SHAMPOOING – When washing your hair try to concentrate the shampoo only on your scalp and roots because it is too harsh for your ends (which already lack the natural oils) and apply the conditioner as I mentioned above.
4. MASSAGE YOUR SCALP – Try doing so at least for one minute while shampooing. By doing this it will stimulate blood flow which improves hair growth and the strenght of your roots.
5. PILLOW CASE – Switch your cotton pillow case with a satin or silk one. Satin and silk reduces frezzy hair, split ends and it doesn`t abosbe your natural oils as cotton does.
6. BRUSH YOUR HAIR – You should brush it before taking a bath in order to prevent tangles and knots but you should also brush it before you go to bed. Burshing your hair also helps distribute your natural oils towards your ends.
7. AVOID HOT WATER – Skip hot water showers, because hot water will make your hair dry and brittle as it strips protective oils from your hair. Thus, prefer a temperature which is just a bit warmer than your body temperature.
8. EAT HEALTHY FOODS like – Salmon which is full of omega-3 fatty acids, which keep your scalp hydrated and healthy. Walnuts another food full of omega-3, walnuts are also a great source of biotin and vitamin E. Orange foods like carrots because they’re full of beta-caroten a reddish-orange pigment that your body turns into vitamin A during the digestion processv. Vitamin A is a key ingredient in the growth and renewal of new skin cells – scalp included and Eggs because hair is primarily composed of a protein called keratin, so eating protein-rich foods will promote hair growth and health.
9. AVOID TIGHT HAIR TIES – Avoid using super tight hair ties; instead opt for scrunchies with cloth around them avoindind the ones with that metal bar. Tight hair ties tend to pull your hair back real tight which increases friction. This can cause breakage
10. SUITABLE HAIR MASKS – Use hair masks that are suited for your hair. It is important to use the right masks otherwise it can further aggravate your problem. (Masks serve a variaty of problmes like dry hair, oily hair, damaged hair, dyed hair etc.)